“Providing Quality Service with Pride & Commitment"
Administration for the City of Selma includes the City Manager's Office, City Clerk, Human Resources, Economic Development and Administration Support Staff. The Administration Department also encompasses Reception and Public Relations, customer service to the citizens of Selma, and assistance for all City departments.
The mission of the City of Selma is to enhance the quality of life for its citizens, encourage community pride, understand the social needs of the community and its employees, and promote the economic well-being of the City through personal commitment and responsibility.
Each City employee will achieve this through commitment and dedication in:
- Providing quality service to the citizens of Selma
- Recognizing that the citizens of Selma are our customers
- Practicing service first in all that we do
- Being financially responsible with resources and time
- Being part of a team, open to new ideas, and willing to share ideas and solutions to problems
- Taking pride in what we do
- Participating in personal professional growth experiences
- Addressing difficult situations as quickly as possible
- Being involved in the community in which we serve
As City representatives, we are striving to make the difference between a good organization and an excellent one. We take pride in the City of Selma, the citizens we serve and in the accomplishments of our fellow employees.